Sunday, February 13, 2011

Ground Beef Tacos

Okay. So, it may seem that I'm trying every recipe on Melskitchencafe.com, but I think I am because everything I've made here is a hit at my house. I was a little skeptical about making these because of the tomato sauce, but my kids beg for these tacos. The meat is juicy and very tasty.

2 Tablespoons canola oil
3/4 c. chopped onion
1 lb. ground beef
1 to 3 garlic cloves
1 Tablespoon chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground coriander (I didn't have this spice, so I just used paprika)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 8oz. can tomato sauce
1 jalapeno, seeded & finely minced (I omitted this, but you could also just add hot pepper sauce)

Taco shells
Additional taco garnishes

In a large skillet over medium heat, add the oil and chopped onion. Cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 4-5 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking up the meat into smaller chunks, until it is cooked through, about 5 minutes.

Stir in the garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, salt and pepper. Cook for about 30 seconds and then add the tomato sauce and jalapeno. Turn the heat to low and simmer the meat mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve in taco shells with your choice of toppings.

1 comment:

Edika's News said...

I'm sure the beef is good, but I'm waiting for your Fish Taco's...they are simply the BEST! Love, Dad