Saturday, February 21, 2009

Parmesan Chicken Tenders

My kids loved this....they ALL asked for seconds the other night! A rare occasion in our home.

*coarse salt and ground pepper
*2 large eggs
*3/4 cup finely grated Parmesan (I use grated)
*1/2 cup plain dried breadcrumbs (I use Italian seasoned breadcrumbs)
*1 1/2 pounds chicken tenders
*1 3/4 cups tomato sauce, homemade or storebought
*4 oz. mozzarell, shredded (about 1 cup, or however much your heart desires)

Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs. In another bowl, combine 1/2 cup Parmesan and breadcrumbs. Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dip tenders in egg, then in Parmesan mixture; place on a rimmed baking sheet. Broil until golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side.

Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce in the bottom of a 9 X 13 inch baking dish. Then top with chicken, remaining 3/4 cup sauce, and finally mozzarella. Bake 15-20 min. or until cheese is melted.

1 comment:

byers babes said...

Very easy and very good! My kids kept telling me that I'm the best cook ever. So, thanks, Carrie!